CLB: ESL for ALL Support Kit online training
This is a 4-hour online self-directed training course based on the CLB: ESL for ALL Support Kit. The purpose of this training is to help seasoned and new ESL literacy instructors who teach in CLB-based ESL literacy programs become familiar with the various sections of the Support Kit and to highlight the use of different resources included in the Kit.
This course includes 5 topics that are also covered in the CLB: ESL for ALL Support Kit. Each topic has a presentation and various quizzes or activities. The topics are the following:
- Orientation to the CLB: ESL for ALL Support Kit
- The Interactive Instructional Approach to Planning: Task Analysis
- Using the Continuum of Literacy Skills
- Digital Literacy and ESL Literacy Instructions
- Supporting ESL Literacy Learners in Multi-level Classes
This training is fully online and self-directed, meaning that the course is not facilitated or monitored by anyone. However, you can contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for technical difficulties or any questions/concerns. All modules can be completed in any order you wish. The first module presents an overview of the document which is helpful for completing subsequent modules.
Each module should take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. The course is self-paced so there is no deadline (i.e. specific number of weeks) for completing the five modules.
In order to receive a certificate of completion, a passing grade of 70% for each of the two quizzes and all five modules need to be completed (indicated by a checkmark next to each activity). The certificate of completion is worth 4 PD credit hours that can be used towards your TESL Ontario accreditation. You must click on the certificate activity and generate your certificate when you have met the above conditions.
This course is free! To access it, follow these steps:
- Go to learning.language.ca
- Create a user account
- Confirm your account by following the steps outlined in the system message sent to your email address (if the email does not arrive in your inbox, check your junk/clutter folders)
- Once logged in, you will see a hyperlink to this course
- Click on the link and start!