An Orientation to the CLB: ESL for ALL
The Alberta Government and the Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks (CCLB) are pleased to present the online self-directed course An Orientation to the CLB: ESL for ALL. The course should be of particular interest to literacy instructors as well as those seeking a refresher on the CLB: ESL for ALL document.
An Orientation to the CLB: ESL for ALL is a 20-hour online, asynchronous training course based on Canadian Language Benchmarks: English as a Second Language for Adult Literacy Learners (CLB: ESL for ALL). This online course, developed in collaboration with Bow Valley College, will support instructors working with learners with literacy needs in a variety of classroom settings by:
- familiarizing participants with the contents of the CLB: ESL for ALL document
- offering suggestions on ways to use the resource to support planning for instruction
- providing strategies, teaching tips and best practices for working with ESL literacy learners
This course is free! To access it, follow these steps:
- Go to learning.language.ca
- Create a user account
- Confirm your account by following the steps outlined in the system message sent to your email address (if the email does not arrive in your inbox, check your junk/clutter folders)
- Once logged in, you will see a hyperlink to this course
- Click on the link and start!