Start date: September 1, 2023
End date: March 31, 2025
Funded by: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Three main activities will be developed during this project, summarized below:
1. National CLIC Curriculum Framework: Documenting the key concepts (context, standards, principles, practices) associated with planning, developing, adapting or selecting instructional content for Literacy to NCLC 8.
2. National CLIC Online Curriculum: Developing French online courseware for niveaux de compétences linguistiques canadiens (NCLC) levels 3 to 5 across all skill areas (L/S/R/W). Moreover, the project aims to enable CLIC instructors across Canada to use an ELBP supported, ready-made solution for their online or blended training programs.
3. National CLIC Curriculum Guidelines: Providing guidance/support on how to apply the key concepts when planning, developing, adapting, or selecting instructional content for Literacy to NCLC 8. The CLIC guidelines will include a glossary/definition of terms including guidelines around inclusive language and the need for accommodations.
- Developing the Framework and Curriculum Guidelines.
- Content conception, content design and courseware writing.
- Development of National CLIC Online Curriculum for either NCLC 3, 4 or 5.
- Support the needs of French language learners who face barriers to attending traditional classroom-based courses or who prefer online or blended language training.
- Deliver responsive and coordinated settlement services with project partners.