Francophone Immigration in Canada:
Why, Who and How?
The Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks (CCLB) brings together experts from various professional fields to discuss fundamental issues relating to Francophone immigration.
About the online panel discussion:
Join our panelists for an online discussion where they will discuss issues related to the intersection of francophone immigration, integration, and language. The event aims to provide French-speaking public a multidisciplinary perspective, a stimulating and informative discussion, and an opportunity to engage with questions such as:
- Why is it important to increase Francophone immigration in the current era?
- What is the definition of “Francophone”?
- Where do Francophones come from?
- How can Francophone immigrants feel connected to their new communities and contribute to their full potential in Francophone minority communities (FMC) outside Quebec?
Date: June 23, 2023
Time: 1:00pm to 2:30pm EDT
Note: This online panel
discussion will be recorded.
*This session is offered in French.
Missed the Speaker Session? You can watch the recording below (in French only):
- Luisa Veronis, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Geography, University of Ottawa
- Dominique Russell, CLIC teacher and Mentor, Collège Boréal
- Étienne Rivard, Associate Professor, Faculty of Arts and Science, Université de Saint-Boniface
- Mamady Camara, Provincial Coordinator of CLIC and Language Training, Collège Mathieu
- Colette Pépin, Executive Director, Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks (CCLB)
This event is sponsored by: