Catholic Social Services is currently recruiting for one (1) Full Time Language Assessor position at 37.5 hours per week in Edmonton, AB.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1900 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
The Meaningful Work You’ll Do:
As a Language Assessor, you possess strong assessment and counselling skills and enjoy working with newcomers to Canada in a culturally-diverse environment. You facilitate the integration of newcomers through offering both language and vocational assessments, educational counselling and referrals to various educational institutions, follow ups, and information sessions and presentations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma/Degree in Human Services/Education (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 300 hours in teaching ESL to adults in Canada is a requirement for this position (if you are not yet certified by the Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks/CCLB to administer English language assessments) as you must be eligible for certification
- Prior knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of educational and community resources
- Strong counselling,presentation and public speaking skills
- Proficient in the use of computers, including online video conferencing platforms (i.e., Microsoft Teams and Zoom), Word, Excel, Outlook
- You offer flexibility as you may be asked to work on Saturday or in the evening depending on the need
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Child Intervention Record Check
What We Offer:
- Compensation begins at $28.19 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible benefit options when eligible.
- Work within a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization, where your ideas are heard, and you can see your impact daily.
- Growth Opportunities: Apply and grow your skills within a dynamic, innovative and expanding Agency that is taking a leadership role in our industry.
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers on requisition 3321.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.