The Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks (CCLB) is requesting applications from experienced Content Developers to develop multi-level modules with teaching materials under the Portfolio Based Language Assessment Project funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The dates for initial module development are January to March, 2019. Subsequent module development is also planned for April to June 2019, and July to August, 2019.
Applicants should have:
- A TESL certificate from a TESL program recognized by TESL Canada or TESL Ontario
- three or more years teaching and creating content specific to LINC/ ESL learners and ESL Literacy Learners
- completed training in Introduction to PBLA through either the Online course or Implementation Package workshops
- certification as a PBLA Lead Teacher (preferable)
Applicants must also have:
- knowledge and expertise in using the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) for tasked-based curriculum planning, instruction and assessment
- experience creating original module plans, assessment tasks and Real World Tasks aligned to PBLA respecting copyright considerations
- flexible availability and be able to work to tight deadlines
- experience using various modes of digital technologies for communicating (e.g. Skype, web conferencing, email, etc.)
For reference, see the link to the multi-level modules with teaching materials: https://pblaepg.language.ca/part-d-emerging-topics/multilevel-assessment/
Requirements: Please submit:
- A letter, referencing competition # CD-18, outlining your education and content development experience and explaining how you meet the criteria listed above. You should also confirm your availability to work on this project during one or more of the time-periods specified above. Compensation will be discussed during the hiring process.
- A partial module you have developed with teaching materials. The module should include:
- PBLA module plan
- At least two assessment tasks: One productive skills assessment task and tool and one receptive skills assessment task
- 3 – 4 skill-building activities and/or skill-using tasks that you have developed or adapted to help prepare learners for success on the assessment tasks.
- Current resume including the names of three professional references to validate expertise in the areas of CLB assessment, classroom instruction and curriculum development.
Deadline for applications: EXTENDED to Wednesday, January 23 at 5:00pm (EST)
(Additional calls anticipated in mid-March and mid- May)
Please send your resume and cover letter referencing competition # CD-19 and specifically outlining how you meet the requirements of this posting along with your sample module and expected daily rate to: PBLA@language.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest in this work; however, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.