To be eligible for a free CLBPT assessment, applicants must be:
- 18 years of age and older
- Canadian resident
And any ONE of the following:
- Permanent Residents
- Convention Refugees/Protected Persons
- Persons in Canada whose applications for Permanent Resident status are being processed in Canada and who have been informed by a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada of the initial approval of their application subject to an admissibility assessment
- Refugee claimants
- Temporary workers or students who have obtained initial approval for a concurrent Application for Permanent Residence
- Foreign domestic workers admitted under the Live-In Caregiver program
- Eligibility for free assessment varies from province to province. Please check with your local assessment centre to see if free assessments are available in your region.
- Canadian language benchmark assessments
- Referral to language training programs
Users should note that the CLBPT is appropriate for use as a resource to inform personal language learning needs and for goal-setting but CLBPT results should not be the sole factor in determining placement in non-LINC/ESL programs.
CCLB has also developed a flyer to better understand your CLBPT assessment report which can be found here.
The Centres are listed alphabetically by province. If you are eligible and would like to be assessed in English as a Second Language, simply click on the province you reside in from the list below, and contact the Assessment Centre nearest you.