The Canadian Language Benchmarks Literacy Placement Tool - Volume 2 is a standardized assessment tool to help place learners on the national literacy benchmark scale.
The LPT is based on Phase II of the Canadian Language Benchmarks 2000: ESL For Literacy Learners.
Developed for and by ESL assessors and literacy practitioners, the LPT complements other CLB assessment tools for appropriate placement into ESL Literacy programs.
- contains reading, writing and numeracy tasks
- scores on an easy to use LPT scoring log
- provides standardized instructions for consistent, fair assessments
- facilitates placement into ESL literacy programs
- provides a checklist of reading, writing and numeracy skills
- helps plan more targeted literacy training
- is suited to a range of Literacy programs
*Shipping and handling charge will apply and will depend on volume, means of transportation, location and required delivery date. GST/HST will be applied to all orders.
For more information contact the CCLB at firstname.lastname@example.org or to place an order please visit our Publications page to dowload our order form that can be either faxed or scanned and emailed.
To have information about Volume I of the LPT including tasks based on Foundation and Phase I of the literacy benchmarks click on Literacy Placement Tool (LPT) - Volume 1.