This is a 4-hour online self-study training course based on the CLB: ESL for ALL Support Kit. The purpose of this training is to help seasoned and new ESL literacy instructors who teach in CLB-based ESL literacy programs become familiar with the various sections of the Support Kit and to highlight the use of different resources included in the Kit.
A certificate of completion will be generated for those wishing to document professional development hours. This certificate will be emailed to the participant’s registered email provided they achieve a passing grade of 70% and complete all the modules of the course.
To access the trainings:
- Go to http://learning.language.ca
- Create a user account
- Click “login” at the top right corner of the page
- Enter your username/password which you created for your account and click “login”
- On the home page, click “CLB Literacy Training Courses”
- The trainings homepage will appear listing all Literacy trainings. Click on the training you would like to take.
IF you are already registered on http://learning.language.ca, please follow the information here:
- Click on your name in the top right corner and choose "Profile".
- Click "Edit Profile" under "User Details".
- Scroll down and click on the section heading, "Your ESL community details".
- Complete the three drop-down menus in this section.
- Click the Update profile button.
- Return to “CLB Literacy Training Courses”, e.g. click the Dashboard link and then on the training you would like to take.