Come see the new and improved CLB Boot Camp and related online training modules. First developed in 2007, CCLB has recently updated the CLB Boot Camp, CLB for Lesson Planning and Integrating Assessment module with funding from the Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration of Ontario with advisory support funded by Citizenship & Immigration Canada.
This 10 hour self-study platform allows you to familiarize yourself with the CLB’s and their role with planning and assessment.
- Bootcamp: which provides an introduction to the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) including the theoretical framework, the revised CLB document and the CLB for Literacy Learners document
- Using the CLB for Planning: which covers module planning and daily lesson planning
- Using the CLB for Assessment: which deals with ongoing learner assessment as well as an introduction to PBLA
The CLB Bootcamp is a free online course. It can be accessed as follows:
- Go to http://learning.language.ca
- Create a user account
- Click “login” at the top right corner of the page
- Enter your username/password which you created for your account and click “login”
- On the home page, click “CLB Bootcamp”
- The course homepage will appear. You will receive a welcome notice and be automatically enrolled in this course.
IF you are already registered on http://learning.language.ca, please follow the information here:
- Click on your name in the top right corner and choose "Profile".
- Click "Edit Profile" under "User Details".
- Scroll down and click on the section heading, "Your ESL community details".
- Complete the three drop-down menus in this section.
- Click the Update profile button.
- Return to the course, e.g. click the Dashboard link and then Bootcamp.
- The course should now be unlocked and you will see all content.