Best Practices Directory Project French as a Second Language Consultant
TESL Ontario invites applications for an FSL Consultant for its Directory of Best Practices & Webinars project funded by the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration (MCI)
TESL Ontario will develop, through contract with the Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade, a Directory of Best Practices for the delivery of funded adult non-credit language training in Ontario. The Directory of Best Practices will identify practices for excellence in programming and delivery that have responded to the diverse needs of learners including content themes of English and French as a second language, Specialized Language Training (for in the Workplace), CLARS, PBLA, and e-learning.
Field consultation with language training providers will include best practices literature review, review of recent innovative initiatives in Ontario, key informant interviews and an online survey.
The Best Practices Directory FSL Consultant will represent regional FSL delivering stakeholders and will report to the Best Practices Directory Project Lead.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Best Practices Directory Project FSL Consultant shall be responsible for providing
- Expert Research and Consultation services to the TESL Ontario Project Lead with respect to:
- Research of recent initiatives and best practices in French as a second language training reports, resources, literature
- Assistance with development of consultation process
- Contribution of ideas/provider contacts to consultation team network
- Communication/consultation with French and English stakeholders
- Assistance in preparation of focus group, informant interview and online survey tools, material and reports
- Preparation of Focus Group material
- Collaboration on selection of key components for Best Practices
- Consultation regarding Webinar orientation session content
- Attendance at project team meetings as required
- Fluency in both French and English in written and oral skills
- University degree in related field
- Qualified to teach adults in French as a second language training programs
- Experience in the FSL sector in development of consultation processes including focus groups, informant interviews, survey tools, materials and reports
- Experience in FSL teaching and/or program administration in Ontario
- Experience in program/project management
- Research/development of best practices in FSL training delivery
- Leadership/administrative experience with FSL training providers
- Committee/planning experience in multiple capacities in the FSL sector
Requirements & Time Commitment:
- Access to a computer with internet capabilities
- Ability to work from home
- Ability to commit to between 200 and 250 hours with an anticipated workload of up to 10 hours per week based on activities/deliverables beginning
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday,
, 2016 by 4:00 p.m.