The Canadian Language Benchmarks Literacy Placement Tool - Volume 1 is a standardized assessment tool to help place learners on the national literacy benchmark scale.
The LPT is based on the Foundation and Phase I levels of the Canadian Language Benchmarks 2000: ESL For Literacy Learners.
Developed for and by ESL assessors and literacy practitioners, the LPT complements other CLB assessment tools for appropriate placement into ESL Literacy programs.
- contains 10 reading, writing and numeracy tasks
- scores on an easy to use LPT scoring log
- provides standardized instructions for consistent, fair assessments
- facilitates placement into ESL literacy programs
- provides a checklist of reading, writing and numeracy skills
- helps plan more targeted literacy training.
*Shipping and handling charge will apply and will depend on volume, means of transportation, location and required delivery date. GST/HST will be applied to all orders.
For more information contact the CCLB at [email protected] or to place an order please visit our Publications page to dowload our order form that can be either faxed or scanned and emailed.
To have information about Volume II of the LPT including workplace-related tasks based on Phase II of the literacy benchmarks click on Literacy Placement Tool - Volume 2.