For more information
This site will give you opportunities to practice pronunciation.
This is a site that has activities that are assigned CLB levels.
3. www.eslcafe.com/ is a site called Dave’s ESL cafe.
There is lots for learners including idioms, quizzes, slang and forums where you can write opinions and comments to share with other people learning English.
4. www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp is a Canadian Government site that has information for newcomers or individuals planning on coming to Canada.
5. www.eslincanada.com/linc_programs.html tells you how to find LINC programs and assessment centres across the country.
6. www.eslincanada.com/ This is a commercial site but it has free grammar lessons.
7. www.settlement.org While this is an Ontario site, a lot of the information is useful in other parts of the country.
8. www.craigmarlatt.com/canada/ This site has lots of information about Canada.
9. www.cbc.ca/news/ This site allows you to check the news in the country.
10. www.cbc.ca/news/work/ is a great site about working in Canada
11. www.m-w.com/dictionary.htm This on-line dictionary is an excellent resource not just for the meaning of a word but how it sounds. If you see this U it means that there is a sound file. If you click on the icon U you will hear the word said correctly.
12. http://international.ouc.bc.ca/pronunciation/ This is a great site Canadian pronunciation.