The Canadian Language Benchmarks 2000: A Guide to Implementation is a companion document to the CLB 2000, designed to facilitate the effective implementation of the Canadian Language Benchmarks in adult ESL classrooms. The Guide presents the Canadian Language Benchmarks in terms that teachers can use for planning: curricula, courses, modules/units and lessons.
- gives both experienced and novice adult ESL teachers the theory and practical application that they need to implement the Canadian Language Benchmarks in their specific teaching situations
- consists of sections for implementing Canadian Language Benchmarks in a program as well as in a classroom
- includes easy to use charts and checklists
- connects the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) to real classrooms with discussion on methodology, learner centredness, developing objectives, needs assessments and conducting classroom-based assessments
- draws from a wealth of contributions and examples from practicing adult ESL teachers across the country
Click here to download the PDF file